An annual review is available for all diabetes patients living in North East Essex.
These reviews provide us with the necessary information to create personalised care plans and support your diabetes needs.
In 2016/17, 74% of patients attended their annual review. Next year we hope to increase that number.
How to book your annual review and what to take along?
You can book your annual review by getting in touch with your local GP practice.
Please bring with you:
- Urine sample (collect your urine sample in a completely clean sterile container)
- Year of Care plan (If you have already had an annual review)
What is involved in the annual review?
The annual review includes several key care processes that gives us key information about your health. The review covers the following areas:
- Height and weight allowing calculation of Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar levels (known as HbA1c)
- Creatinine levels (to check kidney function)
- Urine test
- Smoking status
- Foot check
- Eye screening (Carried out independently by Health Intelligence)
What happens next?
After your review, you will receive results in the post and will be invited to a second appointment to discuss the results and formulate a care plan with your nurse or doctor.
Why is it important?
- The review allows us to develop a personalised care plan based on your specific needs that will help improve your health.
- Advice and information is offered by local support groups along with useful tips for managing your diabetes.
- Your annual review helps us understand your needs, helping us to improve our services in the future.
If you have any questions regarding your annual review, contact the NEEDS team on 01473 344930 or firstname.lastname@example.org